SAFETY AT HOME
- When shopping for children, be sure to buy only age-appropriate toys.
- Watch pets and small children around ribbon. It can be a choking hazard.
- Use LED lights to decorate – they’re a lot safer than traditional bulbs, especially if they break.
- And finally, this is the perfect time of year to review your family’s fire safety plan.
SAFETY WHILE YOU SHOP
With all of the money being spent during the busy holiday season, it’s no wonder criminals are out in full force. So here’s a safety tip to keep you from becoming a target for thieves. After using an ATM, be sure to take your receipt. In the hands of a criminal, your ATM receipt can tell them not just how much money you withdrew but even what your account balance is, making you a prime target for robbery. Avoid this scenario by taking your ATM receipt with you, not opting for a receipt or having it set up to email directly to you. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday shopping season.
SAFETY ON THE ROAD
The holiday season is one of the busiest travel times of the year.
- When travelling by car, be sure to buckle up and use car seats for younger children.
- Plan your trip. Don’t rely solely on GPS directions.
- Prepare an emergency car kit with food, water and blankets.
- And get plenty of sleep before driving, especially when travelling long distances
- Share your travel plans with a close family member.
- And finally, do not share your plans in social media.
Follow these simple tips and make your holiday a great one!
May the peace and joy of the holiday season be with you and your loved ones throughout the new year and beyond.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.
When it is time to celebrate, DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE.
Click here to view the Safety Infographic